The journey of helping our ADHD son has been a long one. Little did I know when he was diagnosed with ADHD and learning disabilities in kindergarten that I would be challenged in so many different ways over the coming years. What I did know is we had to do something differently than what we were doing at the time, and I had to get help.
Does that sound like where you are now?
Are you frustrated with your child’s behavior and lack of focus for the simplest of activities?
Are you lying awake at night, even though you are dead tired, wondering what to do tomorrow to make things better?
Has your child’s teacher given you a list of behaviors in class that match behaviors at home? Is your child getting in trouble even though he or she really is a good kid?
Are you feeling like a bad parent because you aren’t sure what to do or where to turn for help?
Are you feeling the need to change something …ANYTHING to make things better for your child and your family? You know there has to be a way to get help, but you’re not sure where to start.
I KNOW how you are feeling. I’ve been there. I experienced all those frustrations and more. It’s not a fun place to be. However, our son is now an adult and doing very well in all areas of his life. But that wasn’t always the case.
As I researched ways to help our son, we tried a lot of different strategies. Not all of them worked. We spent a lot of time and money bouncing from this therapist to that program … from medication to changing his diet … from special needs resource classes to homeschooling. I cried a lot, and often just did my best to get through the day.
When I enlisted help from mentors who had been through what I was going through, and tried new and different ideas with the help of their coaching, things began to get better. We made it through the day with fewer outbursts. Our son began succeeding in school and he felt better about himself.
Is that what you desire for your ADD or ADHD child?
Are you wanting to find help and hope for this challenge you are facing?
Over the years, whenever I talked to other parents who are raising ADD or ADHD children, I have heard the same concerns and self-doubts that I was plagued with. I began to realize that my experiences could help other parents. I decided to share what had worked with our son by writing a book and developing a coaching program.
The book, HELP! My Child is ADHD! A Journey in Parenting an ADD – ADHD Child, is our story. Also included in the pages are ideas and strategies that worked for our son and for our family.
The support & strategy sessions, Unleash Your Child’s Success, is a real source of encouragement for parents. In this seven session program, we will focus on different areas identified as the topics parents of ADD or ADHD children struggle with most.
- “Am I Good Enough?” Parents want and need to know they are capable of helping their child succeed at home and in school. I’ll help you identify your strengths and find ways to stay in control during this challenging time.
- Parenting Style: How did we develop our parenting style? Can we improve the way we work with our child? We’ll develop strategies to help in the parenting of your ADD or ADHD child.
- Nutrition and Alternative Therapies: Would a change in your child’s diet and perhaps adding some supplements help? Are we dealing with food allergies or food sensitivities? Are there some foods that should be eliminated? Is your child on medication; are you concerned about side effects? We’ll research and implement a direction that is best for your child.
- School & Learning Style: Do you know your child’s learning style? How can we enlist your child’s teacher as a partner in this journey? What can be done to support your child’s teacher in their day-to-day challenges with your child in the classroom? Should you consider alternative options for educating your child? We’ll examine educational options that may work for your situation to help your child use their natural intelligence to learn.
- Extra-curricular Activities: Is your child being over stimulated? How can these activities be used for your child’s benefit? We’ll discuss ways to enhance your child’s strengths and interests.
- Keys to Our Child’s Heart: Acceptance, patience, creativity … and more. Our child needs to know he or she is loved and appreciated. We’ll develop strategies to accomplish that in spite of the difficult feelings you are often faced with.
- Bonus Session: Is there something else you want to address? This Q & A session is open so we can revisit a topic already discussed or perhaps there is something new you want to talk about.
Included in Unleash Your Child’s Success Program:
- A copy of HELP! My Child is ADHD! This book will help you see there is hope for your child’s future.
- Seven sessions to help you get the support you need. Each session is a 45 to 60-minute private phone call so we can target areas specific to your child.
- You will receive Note Sheets for each session to help you follow up on ideas and strategies best suited for your child.
- Two email contacts between sessions for any specific questions or concerns you may have.
- A subscription to my bi-weekly email newsletter. The newsletter arrives in your inbox every other Thursday and is filled with tips, encouragement, and ideas to help you along the way.
In the sessions, I’ll share what worked for us as well as what I’ve learned on each topic. You’ll have time to try new strategies that make sense for your child. When we get back together again, you will share what worked, what didn’t, and we can tweak the ideas as needed.
Are you ready to get the support and encouragement you need and deserve as you continue to raise your ADD – ADHD child?
Are you ready to sleep better at night knowing you are doing all you can to help your child?
Are you ready to face the new school year with ideas to help your child’s teacher understand and work with your child?
If so, you’ll want to start your coaching program right away!
Contact me to arrange for a Get Acquainted Call. We’ll spend 15-20 minutes together on the phone and determine if you are a good candidate for this program.
I look forward to hearing from you. I wish you the very best as you love and work with your special child.
To Your Child’s Success!
Certified Learning Success Coach